Advertisements

iOS 4 Custom Firmware (w/iBooks Fix)

Yesterday I provided you with Custom Firmware Restore files for all the iDevices that support the new update and can be jailbroken. This morning the Dev-Team released an update as it had the same issue as redsn0w to cause a problem with iBooks. Obviously if you don’t intend on using iBooks you don’t need to re-download it but I will be re-uploading the firmwares (without custom boot logos) with the fix for iBooks.

Please read this Dev-Team article before using any of the custom restore files.

iPhone 3GS iOS 4 Custom Restore (Root Size 831MB)
Hactivated – iPhone2,1_4.0_8A293_Custom_Restore_(Hacktivated).ipsw
Not Hactivated – iPhone2,1_4.0_8A293_Custom_Restore.ipsw (Alt Link – MegaUpload)

iPhone 3G iOS 4 Custom Restore (Root Size 756MB)
Not Hacktivated w/Multitasking Enabled – iPhone1,2_4.0_8A293_Custom_Restore_(Multitasking_Enabled).ipsw
Not Hacktivated – iPhone1,2_4.0_8A293_Custom_Restore.ipsw
Hacktivated w/Multitasking Enabled – iPhone1,2_4.0_8A293_Custom_Restore_(Hactivated_Multitasking_Enabled).ipsw
Hactivated – iPhone1,2_4.0_8A293_Custom_Restore_(Hactivated).ipsw

iPod Touch 2G iOS 4 Custom Restore (Root Size 688MB)
With Multitasking Enabled – iPod2,1_4.0_8A293_Custom_Restore_(Multitasking_Enabled).ipsw
Without Multitasking Enabled – iPod2,1_4.0_8A293_Custom_Restore.ipsw

Advertisements

15 Responses to iOS 4 Custom Firmware (w/iBooks Fix)

1. iCosphi says:

Yeah! Thanks for all your work!
    greetings from germany

2. Michael says:

Updated 3GS, not hacktivated. Everything working great! Thanks again for all the effort!

3. Reinier says:

Thanks man! But is this in a torrent as well? Because downloading from DepositFiles is painfully slow.

• sbraidley says:

No I haven’t set up torrents for them mainly because my upload speed is only about 0.25MB/s so wouldn’t be that quick. And I can upload some again to quicker hosts tomorrow if you want. Just say which firmware you want.

I can send it using WeTtansfwr which gives up to about 5MB/s down depending on your connection.

4. Tony says:

Ok, I’ve been doing some reading. And it appears that there are differences in 3GS models, one of them being the MC model. Will the above firmwares work for the MC model of the iPhone 3GS?

Thanks.

• sbraidley says:

As the Dev-Team article states it won’t work on 3GS models with the new bootrom (MC models) until a public exploit is released.

5. katching says:

I´m having problems downloading from DepositFiles (the 3GS NOT Hactivated). Do you mind uploading it to another site?

6. poppers says:

I bought my iphone from the states. I’m in the UK. it is jailbroken and unlocked. I use an 02 sim card in the UK with an American iphone which should only be on AT&T. i don’t know if it was activated on AT&T then unlocked. Or if it was Hacktivated. How can i tell and which custom resore file do i need?

• sbraidley says:

You will need the hacktivated restore as you won’t be able to activate after update using O2. So use the Hacktivated restore and then unlock your device.

7. poppers says:

ah ok. I didn’t know that i had to reactivate after a an update. I’m still on 3.0 and baseband 4.26.08 and have never updated. This will still keep my baseband intact no?

8. Simon says:

I got my 3gs when it first came out in the uk, i have jailbroken the phone when it first got it and decided to stick with the OFW until getting the ios 4 been trying to jailbreak using both windows and mac to get it to jailbreak only to end up getting error 16** codes any suggestions?

• sbraidley says:

Check what model it is, if it’s a MC model then you can’t jailbreak it yet. Only 3GS’s brought within the first few months of release can be jailbroken on the current firmware. You’ll probably have to wait until a jailbreak is released for your model.