Steve Jobs has just officially announced the iPad, the tablet device which has been leaked recently is now a reality. And due to popular rumor it is in appearance an oversized iPhone/iPod Touch.
It runs a modified version of the iPhone OS and runs Mobile Safari as shown at the event, but with no Flash.
The iPad comes as follows:
- 16, 32 and 64GB models.
- 802.11n WiFi
- .5 inches thin
- 1.5 pounds
- 9.7 inch LED-backlit glossy widescreen Multi-Touch display with IPS technology
- 1024×768-pixel resolution at 132 pixels per inch (ppi)
- Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating
- Bluetooth 2.1+ EDR
- 1GHz Apple Chip
- Supports OpenGLS
- Pixel Double to run app’s at double size or original.
- iBook (Apple’s eBook reader) [uses the ePub format for the iBook app, which means it’s open.]
- 720p HD Video Playback
- 3.5-mm stereo headphone jack
- $14.99 for 250MB of data
- $29.99 for unlimited
- Free use of AT&T WiFi Hotspots
- No contract
- International deals by June
- iPad 3G models are unlocked
- WiFi model shipping in 60 days, worldwide.
- 3G model shipping in 90 days.
- 16GB $499 (£309)
- 32GB $599 (£370)
- 64GB $699 (£433)
Pricing (WiFi & 3G)
- 16GB $629 (£389)
- 32GB $729 (£451)
- 64GB $829 (£513)
Note: British prices have not been released by Apple yet and they are only converted from US Dollars to give people an idea of price.
You must be logged in to post a comment.