ZodTTD today released his N64 emulator for the iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 3G, a while before expected. A 14-year-old developer had begun work on a N64 emulator, slated for release in Spring but ZodTTD beat him to it.
It is a port of mupen64plus along with Ari64’s ARM Dynarec, and Adventus / Orkin’s OpenGLES GPU. Since the graphics processing unit (GPU) code is written with the OpenGL ES 2.0 specification, it limits the devices able to be used to the iPhone 3gs and iPod Touch 3rd Gen as of the current Apple lineup.
The current version sports:
- Support for the Wii Remote via Bluetooth;
- Emulation dynarec fast CPU;
- Emulation of sound;
- Download the ROM of games from the same;
- Using Open GL libraries | ES 2.0;
- Supports ROM:. N64 and. Z64 and archives. Zip and. Gz
n64iPhone is available now from Cydia.