So with WWDC rolling ever closer we’re expecting the release of a new iPhone. With the references found in the firmware and the release of the new iPhone OS 3.0 all arrows are pointing to a new phone. But what will change and what will remain.
- The screen on the device will most likely remain the same, or at least the same resolution as all the App’s for iPhone and iPod Touch are programmed to a certain size so it’s unlikely they change the screen size.
- Improved battery life, this will be a great impovement, hopefully the new iPhone software has some tweaks to keep usage down and maybe a better battery in the new device.
- A better camera is almost certain seeing as Apple want to compete with other phones on the market and the fact they orderes 3.2 and 5 megapixel sensors.
- More RAM, so that we can have App’s running without crashing.
- Faster CPU, the iPod Touch 2G has a faster processor than the iPhone so it’s time for an upgrade for it to run games and App’s more smoothly and quickly. However, this will mean that hacking the device will take longer as it did for the iPod Touch due to the new processor.
- Video Recording has been rumoured with screenshots and is technically possible as shown by Cycorder, the jailbroken video recording App.
- Bigger Capacity, 8GB will probably be dropped and 16GB and 32GB brought in.
- Zoom on the camera, due to the fact if they have a bigger sensor the image won’t look as bad.
All of these are just based on rumour or idea of what the new iPhone will have. Now we just have to wait till June time for more info on the possibility of the next iPhone.