September 1, 2010
Apple has announced it’s 6th generation iPod Nano, a complete new design as usual but with this new design comes some loss of features. It now sports a multi-touch display which allows double tap to zoom and a two finger gesture to rotate. It’s 46% smaller and 42% lighter than the previous model and has volume buttons on the side along with a clip on the back. The battery will last you 24 hours of audio playback but seems there is no sign of video playback and the camera has gone.
So overall you gain the multi-touch display but lose video playback and video recording using the built-in camera on the 5th generation nano. Prices are set at 8GB for £129/$149 and £159/$179 for 16GB, pre-orders are being taken now.
Update: It seems that according to Apple Reps the iPod Nano isn’t running the iOS just a OS that is very similar in appearance.
July 23, 2009
Over the last few weeks a lot of case designs have been leaking out to the internet, appearing to be for a new iPod Touch and iPod Nano with camera.
The new cases seem to look quite similar in hole positions as the previously leaked ones but these still may not be authentic. However if they are then we should see the announcement of a new iPod Touch and iPod Nano with photo/video recording, sometime around September per Apple’s usual release pattern.
April 30, 2009
So with WWDC rolling ever closer we’re expecting the release of a new iPhone. With the references found in the firmware and the release of the new iPhone OS 3.0 all arrows are pointing to a new phone. But what will change and what will remain.
- The screen on the device will most likely remain the same, or at least the same resolution as all the App’s for iPhone and iPod Touch are programmed to a certain size so it’s unlikely they change the screen size.
- Improved battery life, this will be a great impovement, hopefully the new iPhone software has some tweaks to keep usage down and maybe a better battery in the new device.
- A better camera is almost certain seeing as Apple want to compete with other phones on the market and the fact they orderes 3.2 and 5 megapixel sensors.
- More RAM, so that we can have App’s running without crashing.
- Faster CPU, the iPod Touch 2G has a faster processor than the iPhone so it’s time for an upgrade for it to run games and App’s more smoothly and quickly. However, this will mean that hacking the device will take longer as it did for the iPod Touch due to the new processor.
- Video Recording has been rumoured with screenshots and is technically possible as shown by Cycorder, the jailbroken video recording App.
- Bigger Capacity, 8GB will probably be dropped and 16GB and 32GB brought in.
- Zoom on the camera, due to the fact if they have a bigger sensor the image won’t look as bad.
All of these are just based on rumour or idea of what the new iPhone will have. Now we just have to wait till June time for more info on the possibility of the next iPhone.
March 18, 2009
Many of the new features coming with the new iPhone OS are features that are already available and also one’s we wanted, but didn’t get are also available.
Now for these you do have to jailbrake your iPhone/iPod Touch, which as Apple recently stated is illegal, so we don’t encourage you to do this but we are giving you the information so that if you wish to do so then you know how.
First of you must Jailbrake you iPhone or iPod Touch now for this go to the QuickPWN site or for more information go to the Dev-Team’s Blog.
The features, followed by there Jailbroken alternatives (available on Cydia):
Copy & Paste – hClipboard
Video Recording – Cycorder
Flash – iMobileCinema
Background Processes – Backgrounder
Tethering – Modem
Spotlight – Searcher
MMS – SwirlyMMS
YouTube Downloading – MxTube
Organised Icons – Categories
They may not be exactly like how Apple has implemted them in the 3.0 OS, but whilst you wait for the release of OS 3.0, you can give these a shot.
March 18, 2009
One of the many features user’s wanted in the iPhone OS 3.0 Update, was Video Recording Functionality, but Apple did not deliver this. They didn’t specify why at the event but Kevin Rose, on the live episode (Episode 194) of Diggnation stated that according to his sources, who were right before, said that the reason Video Recording was not included was due to the NAND memory and technical issues. Being that writing to NAND memory too many times or too fast will mess it up, as Kevin Rose said on the show.
This rises a question to me, if you’ve jailbroken your phone, like myself and are using Cycorder or one of the other video app’s for iPhone, does this mean we could be damaging our phones. It’s made me think, weather of not I should use it again as if someone inside Apple said techinical problems are holding it back, do I want to mess up my iPhone?