January 27, 2010
Steve Jobs has just officially announced the iPad, the tablet device which has been leaked recently is now a reality. And due to popular rumor it is in appearance an oversized iPhone/iPod Touch.
It runs a modified version of the iPhone OS and runs Mobile Safari as shown at the event, but with no Flash.
The iPad comes as follows:
- 16, 32 and 64GB models.
- 802.11n WiFi
- .5 inches thin
- 1.5 pounds
- 9.7 inch LED-backlit glossy widescreen Multi-Touch display with IPS technology
- 1024×768-pixel resolution at 132 pixels per inch (ppi)
- Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating
- Bluetooth 2.1+ EDR
- 1GHz Apple Chip
- Supports OpenGLS
- Pixel Double to run app’s at double size or original.
- iBook (Apple’s eBook reader) [uses the ePub format for the iBook app, which means it’s open.]
- 720p HD Video Playback
- 3.5-mm stereo headphone jack
- $14.99 for 250MB of data
- $29.99 for unlimited
- Free use of AT&T WiFi Hotspots
- No contract
- International deals by June
- iPad 3G models are unlocked
- WiFi model shipping in 60 days, worldwide.
- 3G model shipping in 90 days.
- 16GB $499 (£309)
- 32GB $599 (£370)
- 64GB $699 (£433)
Pricing (WiFi & 3G)
- 16GB $629 (£389)
- 32GB $729 (£451)
- 64GB $829 (£513)
Note: British prices have not been released by Apple yet and they are only converted from US Dollars to give people an idea of price.
March 22, 2009
Adobe Photoshop is the industry standard for Photo Editing however not everyone can afford a £400 piece of software. But did you know that you can get the same image editing power for absolutely nothing. In this article I’m going to cover some free alternatives which will give you the same features for free.
Paint.Net – Download
Paint.Net features an intuitive and innovative user interface with support for layers, unlimited undo, special effects, and a wide variety of useful and powerful tools. An active and growing online community provides friendly help, tutorials and plugins.
Gimp – Download
Gimp is a very powerful, advanced image editing program. It’s a lot more advanced than Paint.Net but the user interface is a lot more complicated than that of Paint.Net.
Both of these photo editing programs are completely free and Gimp is open source. If your using Linux or Mac then Gimp is available on all platforms, whereas Paint.Net is Windows only and requires the .Net Framework to be installed.
They will give you the same features for no cost and are a great addition to anyones software collection.
Thanks to Pochp who reccomened Pixlr, which is a free online photo editor very similar to Paint.Net and it doesn’t require you to install a thing so give it a shot and head over to Pixlr.
March 17, 2009
With the new Apple iPhone 3.0 OS we have many new features that the userbase have been wanting for months, but still there are some things that were left out that we wanted.
- Video Recording – It can be done, as possible on Jailbroken devices to a good standard, achieveing higer quality than most mobile phones on the market.
- Full Bluetooth Support – Yes, we may now have AD2P but what about transferring photos, songs etc. to other devices other iPhones or devices. Obviously I can see the problem with music due to DRM and copyright issues.
- Demo Apps – Yes many App’s come with a lite version but people want to try the full thing, maybe for a 24 hour period or maybe 5 uses of the App but just be able to test App’s would allow people to make there mind up and be more satisfied. And would also cut down the piracy of iPhone App’s.
- Flash – Rumours have been around for along time that it would finally come to iPhone, even people at Adobe said there working on it, just please make it soon.
- Background App’s – We now have push which helps and although I can see the power problems with background app’s it is possible. It’s true it can make the iPhone unstable due to memory issues and so I understand why at the moment it’s not been implmemted; maybe with better hardware or more battery power then it would be a good option.
Many of the things we wanted in 3.0 have been implemeted, we know that the things that have been left out are possible as they are possible if you jailbrake the phone but I understand the technical issues that Apple has with things such as Background App’s and Full Bluetooth Support but Video Recording and Demo App’s shouldn’t be that hard to implment, Maybe OS 3.1?