Geohot has released the second version of the iPhone 3GS jailbreak, this release includes:
- Vista, Windows 7, International and 64-bit support.
- Less flakiness in the payload.
- Cydia tar cleaned up.
- Improved logging with slightly more useful errors.
- New kernel patches, codesign errors gone. Props posixninja.
- Added vm_map +x, passed vm_check.
- No winterboard yet.
- Still in beta, so use caution.
Geohot has released a iPhone 3GS jailbreak tool named PurpleRa1n, it’s Windows only currently. It’s available now but it’s not an official jailbreak, therefore shouldn’t be used without caution. Some people are reporting it to work, others are not however this jailbreak is missing a lot and also things such as WinterBoard won’t function properly due missing critical patches required for WinterBoard, as reported by Saurik.
If you have to jailbreak straight away use this tool however it may cause problems in the future which you might not get if you wait for the official Dev-Team tool’s which are being released just after Apple sends out firmware 3.1.
You must be logged in to post a comment.