Steve Jobs has just officially announced the iPad, the tablet device which has been leaked recently is now a reality. And due to popular rumor it is in appearance an oversized iPhone/iPod Touch.
It runs a modified version of the iPhone OS and runs Mobile Safari as shown at the event, but with no Flash.
The iPad comes as follows:
- 16, 32 and 64GB models.
- 802.11n WiFi
- .5 inches thin
- 1.5 pounds
- 9.7 inch LED-backlit glossy widescreen Multi-Touch display with IPS technology
- 1024×768-pixel resolution at 132 pixels per inch (ppi)
- Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating
- Bluetooth 2.1+ EDR
- 1GHz Apple Chip
- Supports OpenGLS
- Pixel Double to run app’s at double size or original.
- iBook (Apple’s eBook reader) [uses the ePub format for the iBook app, which means it’s open.]
- 720p HD Video Playback
- 3.5-mm stereo headphone jack
- $14.99 for 250MB of data
- $29.99 for unlimited
- Free use of AT&T WiFi Hotspots
- No contract
- International deals by June
- iPad 3G models are unlocked
- WiFi model shipping in 60 days, worldwide.
- 3G model shipping in 90 days.
- 16GB $499 (£309)
- 32GB $599 (£370)
- 64GB $699 (£433)
Pricing (WiFi & 3G)
- 16GB $629 (£389)
- 32GB $729 (£451)
- 64GB $829 (£513)
Note: British prices have not been released by Apple yet and they are only converted from US Dollars to give people an idea of price.